Rainwater Catchment Solutions
Davi Vargas, President and Cofounder of Isla Urbana, joins Regina Valdez in a conversation about Isla Urbana’s water harvesting system and how it is helping families in Mexico better cope with intermittent water supplies.
This conversation was recorded on March 24th at the UN Water Conference, which took place in New York City from March 22nd to March 24th. The video was published on April 23rd, 2023.
Some of the topics discussed:
- How cities start cutting off the water to poorer neighborhoods during water supply shortages and how families living in these areas can better adapt and cope with these events with the use of a rainwater catchment system.
- How city governments are looking at these innovative projects as one of a number of real solutions to their water supply issues.
- How, in the face of more severe droughts and more severe rainfall, rainwater harvesting in Mexico is viable for up to 80% of the population since 80% of the population lives where it rains.
- And much more . . .
- Davi Vargas - President and Cofounder of Isla Urbana, which is a project dedicated to water sustainability in Mexico through rainwater harvesting.
- Regina Valdez - Program Director, Climate Reality Project, NYC. GreenFaith Fellow and LEED Green Associate.
Charles Gregoire - Climate Reality Leader, Electrical Engineer, Webmaster and IT prime for FacingFuture.Earth and the Climate Emergency Forum
Heidi Brault - Climate Reality Leader, BA(Psychology), Library & Information Technician Diploma - Video production and website assistant - Organizer and convener, Metadata technician, COP28 Team Lead for FacingFuture.Earth and the Climate Emergency Forum.
Image and Video: