MEER Update - November 2022
Join Paul Beckwith and special guest Dr. Ye Tao as they discuss the latest updates to the MEER project at COP27 in Sharm El-Sheikh.
The program was recorded on November 9th, 2022 and published on November 20th, 2022.
Some of the topics discussed:
- Improvements to the materials used to make the mirrors.
- Updates on the Global Dimming/Aerosol Masking effect pointing to the exigent need to scale MEER as economies decarbonize.
- Application in agriculture, water conservation and urban heat island effect abatement.
- Experimental data is shared and discussed along with an outline of further study to be performed.
- The need for the public of the global north to support the ongoing project development.
- and much more . . .
- Dr. Ye Tao - In 2020, Dr. Ye Tao founded the MEER Framework after grasping the accelerating and ultimate consequences of the climate crisis on Earth’s delicate web of life. Educated as a nanotechnologist and instrumentation expert, he brings the benefits of a multidisciplinary background in engineering and science to problem solving.
- Paul Beckwith - Climate Systems Scientist. Professor at the University of Ottawa’s Paleoclimatology Laboratory as well as at Carleton University
Charles Gregoire – Climate Reality Leader, Electrical Engineer, Webmaster and IT prime for FacingFuture.Earth and the Climate Emergency Forum
Heidi Brault - Climate Reality Leader, BA(Psychology), Library & Information Technician Diploma - Video production and website assistant - Organizer and convener, Metadata technician, COP26 Team Lead for FacingFuture.Earth and the Climate Emergency Forum.
We’d like to acknowledge these two organization without which our attendance at COP27 would not have been possible.
- Sustainable Population Australia (SPA)
- The International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE)
- Title: Through the City II
- Author: Crowander
- Source: Free Music Archive
- License: CC BY-NC 4.0
Images & Video clips:
- Except for the Introduction and closing video clips all images and slides were sourced from Dr. Ye Tao.
- The introduction and closing video clips are from Heidi Brault, November 2022.