The Transformation of the Economy Will Not Be Linear
Special guest Cathy Orlando, Citizens’ Climate International Project Director, joins acting host and Climate System Scientist Paul Beckwith in a discussion on a number of climate related topics that Cathy has been involved with including how to redirect financial flows away from fossil fuels and towards a more resilient and equitable future.
This video was recorded on May 11th, 2022, and published on June 12th, 2022.
Topics discussed include the following:
- How Cathy learned that the transformation of the economy will not be linear at COP 26 while attending a session of the Coalition of Finance Ministers for Climate Action.
- How Citizens’ Climate International is helping to build this transition.
- The idea of nudging a system with links to two books on the topic.
- The insight that politicians need our help to bring about this transition.
- How Cathy first met Stuart Scott, the founder of Facing Future and also the key enabler in the formation of Climate Emergency Forum.
- The surprisingly significant contribution of the health sector to GHG emissions and the solution to significantly reducing it.
- The book ‘Ministry for the Future’ by Kim Stanley Robinson is briefly discussed.
- The Fossil Fuel Non-proliferation Treaty is discussed.
- And much more. . .
- Cathy Orlando – Citizens’ Climate International Project Director; Climate Reality Leader
- Paul Beckwith - Climate Systems Scientist. Professor at the University of Ottawa’s Paleoclimatology Laboratory as well as at Carleton University
Charles Gregoire – Climate Reality Leader, Electrical Engineer, Webmaster and IT prime for FacingFuture.Earth and the Climate Emergency Forum
Heidi Brault - Climate Reality Leader, BA(Psychology), Library & Information Technician Diploma - Video production and website assistant - Organizer and convener, Metadata technician, COP26 Team Lead for FacingFuture.Earth and the Climate Emergency Forum.
Image and Video: