IPCC - How Bad Can It Be
Dr. Peter Carter presents the major findings of the IPCC’s 6th Assessment report and discusses them with Regina Valdez. Peter succinctly summarizes it as follows: “The report finds unless there are immediate, rapid and large-scale reductions in greenhouse gas emissions, limiting warming to close to 1.5°C or even 2°C will be beyond reach.”
This video was recorded on Aug 13th, 2021, and published on August 24th, 2021.
Topics discussed include the following:
- A presentation of the Working Group I report, which is the first instalment of the IPCC’s Sixth Assessment Report (AR6).
- Peter mentions some of the websites he uses to help him keep track of Government action on Climate which include ‘Climate Action Tracker’ and ‘Energy Policy Tracker.’
- Despite the clarity of the information in the reports, governments are failing to take proportional action and are actually doing the opposite of what’s needed by providing billions of dollars in subsidies to Fossil Fuel Corporations.
- How fossil fuel corporations continue in their campaigns to impede action on climate change by misinforming the public.
- The fact that climate change will affect food production in every area of the globe including the more developed northern nations such as Canada.
- Peter encourages the use of the 6th Assessment one page press release and the 2 page headline statement to do the work of informing our government by writing to your local government official to demonstrate the dire nature of the situation and the need to take serious action.
Dr. Peter Carter - MD, Expert IPCC Reviewer and the director of the Climate Emergency Institute
Regina Valdez - Program Director, Climate Reality Project, NYC. GreenFaith Fellow and LEED Green Associate
Charles Gregoire – Climate Reality Leader, Electrical Engineer, Webmaster and IT prime for FacingFuture.Earth and the Climate Emergency Forum
Heidi Brault - Climate Reality Leader, BA(Psychology), Library & Information Technician Diploma - Video production and website assistant - Organizer and convener, Metadata technician, COP26 Team Lead for FacingFuture.Earth and the Climate Emergency Forum.
Image and Video: